Band 9 IELTS | Full IELTS Mock Test + Tips
Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-c2ioarsjQ&ab_channel=EnglishProTips-IELTSPreparation
Good morning. My name is Eli Howes. Can you please tell me your full name ?
My name is Giobreh Agnoldiff.
And what should i call you ?
You can call me Diyobek,
So, Diyobek, In this first part I'd like to ask you some questions about yourself. Let's first of all talk about where you live ? Do you live in a large city or a small town?
I live in the capital of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, and Tashkent is a major city, and I've been living here for the better part of six years.
Do you think you'd like to live here for the rest of your life ?
Probably no, I don't see myself living in Tashkent simply because i have plans to immigrate to a different country.
What do you like most about living in this city?
I like the fact that we have an integrated transport system in Tashkent. So there's a metro. There are, I guess, frequent buses too. and usually i get to the destination i want quite easily.
Let's move on. Let's talk about cooking. Do you like cooking?
I don't do the cooking myself, so i cannot say that, I really enjoy cooking, but i can scramble eggs, so i can do basic things, So i can make a quick sandwich, but i don't particularly enjoy cooking.
Would you like to learn how to cook?
Yeah I lived in the US for about three and a half month and I had to learn how to cook. but most of my cooking instruction, I got it from Youtube videos and I would love to go to cookery lessons and learn, How to cook better because i might end up living on my own again. so it would be a useful skill to have.
And who normally does the cooking in your family?
Normally again, it just depends on the occasion. Like every now and then it's my dad who takes up the reins in the kitchen in that he wants to do our national pilaf. It's a staple food. It's pilaf. It's a thing in Central Asia and Pakistan in all of those countries. And he usually does the cooking in special occasions, but in most other times it just depends on who is not busy and then that person usually does the cooking in the family.
Is the national food from your country considered easy or difficult to cook?
I don't think what is considered national uzbek cuisine is easy to cook, but particularly pilaf, the one i mentioned, is difficult to cook. and then there are different varieties of this kind of food and like, I mean, in Uzbekisten, There i don't know, God knows how many varieties of pilaf and i don't think it's easy to make this kind of food.
Let's move on. Let's talk about puzzles. Did you like doing puzzles when you were a kid?
I remember i did some puzzles, like sudoku, like word puzzles, But quite recently, for example, I also did a very popular internet puzzle, like wordle, i guess, i guess. New york times web based puzzle. So, yeah i did enjoy doing puzzles when i was a child.
And when do you do puzzles these days? During trips or when you feel bored?
I usually do the puzzles when I'm taking trips to my hometown, LA. So it's six hour ride, and I usually don't have internet connection, so i can do puzzles when i'm on the way to hometown.
And do you prefer doing word puzzles or number based puzzles?
I guess i've got a good mathematical brain, so I like to do number puzzles more than word puzzles, but i would say my vocabulary is quite broad, too, so I wouldn't mind doing word puzzles, too.
Do you think it's good for old people to do puzzles?
Yeah, I mean, I think it's just a stereotypical thing to say that it's quite common for people to be doing puzzles of different kinds. They usually- I think yeah- they do word puzzles quite often, I guess.
Part 2
Okay, so we're going to move on to part two, and in this part, and I'd like you to talk about it for one to two minutes. you're going to say, and you can make some notes if you wish. Do you understand ?
Yeah, al right
Remember you have on to two minutes for this, so don't worry if i stop you. i'll tell you when the time is up.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Someone who contributes to society
Describe a person who contributes to society.
You should say:
- Which the person is
- Have you know him/her
- What types of work he/her does
and explain why you think they have contributed to society.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Can you start speaking now, please ? Yes
I believe there are many people who are making meaningful contributions to the advancement of society, and I think this person doesn't actually create anything. So, like, people probably would think of elon musk as being responsible for creating a lot of things, But i don't think this person is doing particularly positive. I don't tink one person is capable of doing he might be just an image who is taking all the credit, but there's one person I admire a lot, and that person is lex fredman. Lex fredman is a podcaster, whose communication skills i would say are second to none. Especially recently, he's made a huge progress in the way he asks questions, and then i would say his podcasting skills, i mean, the way he asks questions and the way he's able to listen to people and again make meaningful convention has increased dramatically. And i also would say that this person makes contribution to society by allowing us to listen to the points of view, of other people who might be different from us. So he invites people from all walks of life, he invites musical producers, he invites scientists, he invites politicians. and I would say he has changed the discourse in so many ways. So now we are able to better understand the science. We are able to understand all sorts of people. And also he has got a lot of guests who engage in philosophy. So i particularly enjoy watching his Youtube videos where he's got philosopher as a guest. So i think he, every now and then, could be going viral on Twitter because he invites some people that other people consider that should not be given a platform but he wants to talk to people from both aisles.
Part 3
I'm just going to stop you there. You've spoken for two minutes. Have you told many other people about him and his podcast?
Yes, I usually talk about him in my classroom, so I talk about him because I think he particularly is not the most animated speaker, honestly, but the way he is able to ask thought provoking questions makes me recommend him to other people, So we've been talking about a person with you one or two more general questions related to this. So let's consider first of all, how individuals can contribute to society. So definitely if you have a large social media platform ot you have your own podcast, It's very easy to make a very large contribution to society.
How can people make a contribution to society if they are not so well known or they don't have a large social media following?
Yes, I don't think contribution should come like just in the form of creating something. So contribution could come in the form f being a responsible law abiding citizen. and then we need to engage in discourse and we need to make good choices. For example, I think people need to try to, For example, reduce their carbon footprit and then that's good for the environtment. So you can make daily minor changes in your lifestyle and that could help the environment or you could stop something bad from happening. So these kinds of smal things make you,
And how can we become aware of where to put our energy and what things that we can do to become better people?
I think to be better person now, we need to look at where the world is headed. For example, definitely the fact that the world is getting hotter speaking of environmental problems, concerns that the world is dealing with, I would say that's something people can do to reduce their carbon footprint and to drive more environmentally friendly vehicles. Maybe if they can afford, they can buy electric vehicles. people, we need to just generally make good choices that do not harm. So certainly when it comes to the environment.
We can read about how the devastating effect that we're having on the environment in newspapers and magazines, but can we rely for example, on the government to tell us how to be good people, or should we look at philosophy for how to be good people? Where can we go ?
I would say government is definitely not something that we need to listen to. So for example, if you're looking at, like, in the name of, for example, lockdowns, I particularly don't approve of what's happening in the world especially what's going on in china, I think what we need to do, we need to probably consult some philosophical literature, and then people generally need to engage in deep deliberation. deliberation, philosophical deliberation, I'm sure they could ask questions about virtue, where virtue comes from, how do i become a good person? I'm sure it leads to better answere and make them good people.
Let's move on slightly and let's touch book on to doing good for the environment. so you mentioned that one thing that we can certainly do is to be conscious of our effect on the environment. And when it comes to how to take action to make the environment better, does that responsibility fall onto the government, onto companies, or does it fall onto individuals?
I would say governments definitely should be held accountable to fix the problem. So they could introduce laws, so they could set a limit for industries that release more greenhouse gases than others, so they could particularly tax and they also punish and fine heavily the industries that are breaking those rules. But those minor changes, I don't think, amount to something big. meat, we should adopt a vegetarian lifestyle and that jazz, I believe, at the end of the day, government should be held accountable.
Komentar
Posting Komentar