IELTS Speaking Band 9 Expect the Unexpected

 Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6pEcV62MHA&ab_channel=AcademicEnglishHelp



Welcome to the speaking section of the IELTS exam. My name is Adrian, I will be your examiner for this part of the test. I'm recording this for clerical purposes. I will give you instructions for each of the three parts. we are conducting this exam in Kakinada. The time right now is 15 o'clock. 


Let's begin. Can you please tell me your full name? 

Yes, my full name is Priti Sharma. Please call me by my given name Priti.  


Can you show me your identification please?

Just hold it up and turn to the page with the credentials. Yes of course, here is the passport that i used for my registration. Please take a look at it. For part one, I will ask you a couple of questions to get to know you better and some questions on a general topic. 


Where do you live?

I live in Kakinada, a city in the state of Andhra Pradesh, in a two-bedroom apartment with my family.


Let's talk about hobbies. What do you like to do in your free time? 

In my free time, I enjoy a variety of activities. I like reading books, especially Mystery Novels and Biographies. I also enjoy watching movies, playing board games with my friends, and also practicing yoga for my health and fitness. 


Do you think hobbies are important? Why or why not? 

I think hobbies are important because they help us to be relaxed, recharge and explore our interest, they provide us a much needed break from our daily routine. They also contribute to our personal growth by teaching us new skills and provide us an opportunity to socialize with others who share similar passion. 


Now let's talk about your family. How many people are there in your family? 

There are five members in my family including myself. I have my parents and elder brother and a younger sister. 


Can you describe one of your family members?

Sure, I'll describe my elder brother. his name is Pardeer and he is 27 years old. He's an engineer working in a technology organization. He is very ambitious and hard working person. He loves to spend time with his family and friends and is quite sociable. We share a very special bond and engage in different activities like watching movies and playing games together. 


Do you prefer spending time with your family or your friends and why ?

I love spending time with both my family and friends, but if i were to choose, I would definitely choose my family. This is because we share a really deep connection and understanding, and i feel extremely comfortable with them. Moreover, spending time with my family helps me to stay grounded and maintain strong bonds which I believe is essential for a fulfilling life. 


Let's discuss the environment. What steps do you take to protect the environment?

I try to do my part in protecting the environment. i recycle and try not to use single use plastics. I use public transportation, walk or cycle for shorter distances to save carbon footprint. I also try to conserve energy by switching off lights and appliances that are not in use. And I also try to use energy efficient bulbs. 


How can people be encouraged to protect the environment?

Education and awareness are the key factors in encouraging people to protect the environment. Government and organisations should promote environmental conservation by conducting workshops, classes and campaigns, or seminars. Moreover introducing eco-friendly practices in workplaces and schools can also instill a sense of environmental responsibility in people. Additionally, imposing tax credit or discounts for using eco-friendly products could also encourage people to protect the environment. 


That is the end of part one. We will now continue with part two. For this part, i will show you some questions. You will have one minute to look at these questions. Think about your answers. You can take notes in this one minute time if you wish you have your pencil and note paper there. I will tell you when to start and when to stop. Do you understand? Yes, I do.


Describe a person you admire. Please do not touch the question paper. Your one minute preparation time begins now. 


___________________________________________________________________________________

Describe a person you admire. You should say:

- Who the person is

- How you know them ?

- What qualities they have that you admire?

and explain why you admire this person?


You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic.

You will have one minute to prepare what you are going to say.

___________________________________________________________________________________


Your one minute preparation time is up. Please begin speaking.

The person i admire the most is my grandmother. Her name is Sati and she is her late 70s. But one would never tell because she looks like she is in her 50s. She has long dark hair and a very big smile. She has been an essential part of my life since my childhood and I have always looked up to her. I knoe my grandmother because she is my mom's mother. Throughout my childhood she has always taken care of me and my siblings. She lives close to our home and we have spent a lot of time together especially during school holidays. There are several qualities that I admire in my grandmother. First and foremost, she is kind and compassionate. Whenever I feel low, I go to my grandmother and she provides me encouragement and a hot cup of her special roast tea. Another quality that I love in her is her resilience. She has gone through a lot of challenges in her life including financial challenges and health issues. Despite these challenges she has always remained strong and positive. She has taught me the importance of remaining positive even at the face of adversity. Lastly, my grandmother is wise and knowledgeable. she has a wealth of knowledge and lifetime experiences. Whenever I need some encouragement or guidance, she has always been there to provide me and show me the right direction. She is the one who encouraged me to study abroad as well. I admire my grandmother because she has been a source of love, support and inspiration. It's her resilience. kindness and wisdom that has shaped me into the person that i am and i'm extremely fortunate to have her in my life. 


Your time is up, I will stop you there. I will take back the questions. Please turn the notebook over, put it to the side, put the pencil to the side as well. And we will now continue with part three. For this part, I will ask you a question related to your response and some questions connected to the topic of part two. 


How do you express your appreciation for your grandmother? 

Well, I call her as often as i can in the evenings, as well as in the weekends. And i try to tell her how much I love her every chance i get, I just talked to her yesterday and we had a really good chat. 




























































Komentar