IELTS Band 8 Speaking - Languages, Buying and Selling with Subtitles

 Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Zvc8OK_Qc&ab_channel=AcademicEnglishHelp


Amando lasabuda : Ayah saya selalu bilang sekali kamu enggak ngerti dua kali baca, mash enggak ngerti baca tiga kali, masak dalam sepuluh kali baca enggak ngerti juga. jadi itu yg saya selalu pikirkan ketika saya enggak ngerti sesuatu.



What is your full name ?

My family name is Nabiva and my first name is Lola, so please just call me Lola. Okay Lola, I'm going to record this for marking purposes. 


May I see your identification please?

Absolutely, here you go. Thank you. and the speaking has three parts, I will give you instructions for each part. To begin, just a couple of questions to get to know you better and some questions on a general topic. 


Here is your passport back. Thank you Where do you live?

I live in the capital city of Uzbekistan, Tashkent. In a 3-bedroom apartment with my family. 


What do you like about your hometown?

Tashkent is a historically rich city with a lot of heritage buildings and I like to visit those places, also Tashkent is a really good place to try out national cuisine. 


Let's talk about languages. How many languages do you speak?

I speak fluent Russian and Uzbek, and I would like to believe I speak good English as well. 


Why is it important to speak a second language? 

I believe that speaking many second or many languages helps you to communicate to more people and at the same time to keep your brain sharp. 


What are the most common languages in your country ?

Uzbek and Russian are really common languages in Uzbekistan, although these days English is becoming very popular as well, as is this is an international language of tourism and commerce. 


Where do you hear people speak in another language most often?

The place which is coming to my mind would be the famous Chorsu Bazaar in Tashkent city. This is where a lot of tourists and the international merchants go, and if you're there you can hear people speaking Spainish, English, Mandarin.


When have you needed to speak in another language?

I use Russian and English at my work, but I use English sometimes to speak with tourists and help them to find directions within the city. 


If you could choose one more language to learn what would it be ?

Given the chance I would learn Mandarin, because if I would know Mandarin, English, and Russian. I could speak to just about anybody in the world, and also I always wanted to visit China, and that would be really good if I could speak in their native language. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Talk about an item that you have sold.

- What is this item?

- What did you use it for?

- When and where did you sell it?

- Why did you decide to sell it and how do you feel about the sale?


You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic.

You will have one minute to prepare what you are going to say.

___________________________________________________________________________________


About a month ago I sold my Asus laptop for two million so'ms. This is roughly about a couple of hundred US dollars. I used my laptop for around eight years, I used it for work and school as well as for entertainment. When I was at school when I was at the tenth grade my dad got this laptop for me and I much of my paper works and writings I have done on it and then later on when I started working, a lot of works, a lot of documents and a lot of works a lot of documents and data I have been saving on that laptop and sometimes I like to listen to music or play an occasional video game on it as well, but I decided to sell it and I sold it on this specified website called OLX. I uploaded the picture the description and the price of this item And just after couple of days a high school girl called me, and she came over to my place with her dad to take a look at it. She saw the laptop and she decided that it fits her needs, and I sold it for two million So'ms. She bergained the price a little bit. so two million So'ms was the final price, and the reason actually why I decided to sell it was that I simply needed an upgrade. Because as far as I'm going in doing in my work I needed a much stronger laptop, because I was working with more and more graphics. And as I'm working right now I had an opportunity to make this happen, but at first I was a little bit sad that I am giving away my laptop, and so many memories with it, but at the same time I got happy because my new laptop is going to be much more powerful and it is going to be less stressful to work with it. 

Komentar