IELTS India Band 9 Speaking - Perfect Score! with Subtitles

 Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seI4kTTu6Lc&ab_channel=AcademicEnglishHelp



What is your full name?

My name is Aarav and my family name is Singh. Please just call me Aarav. 


Do you work or study? 

I'm currently working as an electrical engineer for General Electric, and I'm also studying for the IELTS to continue my master's in engineering at Toronto University next year, 


What do you do at the weekends? 

Well, when I'm not studying. I like talking my wife out to a restaurant and watch a movie, like last Saturday when we watched a funny comedy. 


Let's talk about transportation. Do you know to drive a car?

Yes, I do. I've had my driver's license since 18. I really enjoy driving Mostly, I use my car to get to work shopping and vacations. 


How often do you ride the bus?

Since I have had my driver's license take a bus. I mostly use it when my car is unavailable due to repairs or I've lent it out to a friend. 


Which is your favorite type of transportation? 

Definitely my car. It's comfortable and convenient, as well as it has air conditioning, I can listen to my music on the stereo. 


Where can you catch the nearest train in your area? 

Hmm, I'll have to think over it, just give me a moment please. I think the closest would be Jodhpur, which is roughly 10 kilometers away from a flat. 


How has public transport changed in the past hundred years? 

Oh, that has changed immensely. With the advent of airplanes, modern trains and buses, people can travel greater distances comfortably and quickly, like last year, I just flew to United States and I was there in 12 hours. 


When you ride a bicycle what should you do to stay safe?

Whenever I'm riding a bicycle. I should wear a helmet to keep my head safe and also be very careful of the vehicle traffic.


___________________________________________________________________________________

Talk about a very busy day in your life.

You should say:

- When it happened?

- Where did you go?

- What did you do?

How did you feel at the end of your day?

You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic.

You will have on minute to prepare what you are going to say.

___________________________________________________________________________________


Okay Aarav, your one-minute preparation time is up, please begin speaking . I think one of the busiest days I've ever experienced was last year in September when I started my job at General Electric. I remember being very nervous because I wanted to make sure that my collengues my boss are super satisfied with the first day of work. So, I woke up super early, at 4:00 a.m.. First, did a little bit of meditation, I shaved, showered and then got ready as per the company expectations. Fo, then, I later on reviewed all the job parameters that my manager shared it with me a week prior. I left for office early just to make sure that I have enough time to greet my colleagues and settle in. The work day company's procedures and machinery. Finally, after my job was finished at 6:00 p.m., I sat down with my manager to go through the day's work and check about my performance. He was very satisfied, so I was very happy. After that, I had to stop by at the grocery store to buy some food for supper. Believe me, I was exhausted at that time. But, when I got home. My wife was waiting for me with surprise ; Some friends coming in at home, to congratulate to me on my first day of work, We spent few hours chatting, eating. Finally, the time came around when I had to hit the bed. Although the day was very busy, but I feel great looking back at it, and I can look back on it with pride.


Part 3


Let's people manage every month in society ? 

Mm-hmm, well every individual, each month should pay their bills, rent or mortgage, and go to school or work, and also clean their house. 


Why is it important to do these on time? 

I think it is important to be prompt at these errands because people might easily get into financial trouble if they don't pay their bills, and might end up losing their phone service or house. 


How has technology helped people to complete their social tasks such as banking? 

Well, it has helped a lot because have been doing the banking services conviently from their home, online. 


What are the disadvantages of this ?

I think are not as social as they used to be because they don't get out anymore, like to visit a bank, talk to a bank teller. 


Are there any errands that people do these days which did not exist fifty years before? 

Yes, definitely, people these days pay their internet bills, like this wasn't available fifty years back, or regular tasks in the future that we don't have today? Yes definitely there will be, like we will have to charge the batteries of the self-driving cars every six months, and keep on the softwares' updating, 


Let's talk about productivity. Why is it important for people to be productive during the work week? 

I think people should do a good job Monday to Friday, just not to earn good money, but also to be proud of what they're doing and their contributions towards the society. 


What happen when individuals stop being productive? That's bad, In that case, they just depend on the society and eventually they might end, end up being depressed. What can be done to improve productivity and decrease stress? 

Hmm, I think having good food and little bit of exercise helps in generating more energy and decreasing anxiety and stress. Does this always work? I think yes, it does, because having good food and regular exercise helps in this case.

Komentar