IELTS Speaking Band 9 - France with Subtitles - FULL

 Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG_rSLNgoMI&ab_channel=AcademicEnglishHelp


What is your full name?

My given name is Alice and my family name is Couture. You can call me Alice. 


Okay Alice, may I see your identification or passport please?

Thank you, excellent,


Do you have a regular hobby?

Yes I do, I like to collect postcards because I think they are an interesting reflection on culture and history. 


Let's talk about chores. What are household chores you do every day?

Mmm, each day I do the dishes, I take out the garbage, and I cook at least one meal. This morning for instance, I made a delicious omelet. 


Which chore is your least favorite and why?

I don't like to dust it irritates my nose and eyes, and if I wear a mask I feel uncomfortable. 


Why is it important to do household cleaning? 

Well the saying is that cleanliness is next to godliness.


What I mean is that staying clean creates a healthy and happy environment. If you could buy an item to help do housework. What would it be?

If I could purchase any item. it will surely be one of those robot vacuum cleaners. But unfortunately. They are quite expensive, and I don't have the cash for it at the moment. 


Have the way you do any chores changed over the past years? 

Yes definitely about a decade ago I used to do the dishes by hand, and eight years ago I bought a dishwasher, and I have used it since then to do the dishes.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Talk about a business idea that you have had

- What was the idea?

- Where did the idea come from?

- How can this idea impact people?

- What do or did you need to make this idea a reality?


You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic

You will have one minute to prepare what you are going to say.

___________________________________________________________________________________


Few years back. I had the idea to open a special type of vegetarian restaurant that would specialize in French cuisine. I feel that many people are eating too much meat nowadays and it is not healthy for them or for the future of our planet. Also I feel that many people have no idea how delicious vegetarian food can really be. And in fact, there are many dishes, French dishes, that have lots of flavours and contain no meat such as onion soup or ratatouille. I had this idea because I often see my family and friends eatting meat two or even three times a day and I really want to bring awareness on how healthy, unhealthy and uh unnecessary this is. I think this business idea can have a very positive impact on people's nutrition and thinking. And also, by taking my small role into. in reducing meat consumption, I uh, it helps the environment as it takes about thousand liters of water to produce one 8-ounce steak. Of course to make this idea into a reality, I not only need about a hundred grand of startup capital. but I would also need good location. advertising, a head chef, so I'm not sure I will ever be in the positions to open my French vegetarian restaurant, but who knows, maybe one day it will happen.


Part 3


Let's talk more about business. What is the advantage of owning a business instead of working for an employer?

One of the benefits of owning one's own business is control over time and finances. My uncle owns his own business and he can go on vacation whenever he wants.


What are the negatives of owning a business?

One of the negatives would be the added stress and responsibility. I know that my uncle is often tearing at his hair to make ends meet


What kinds of businesses are popular these days and why?

that's an interesting and important question. I will need a moment to think please. Sure. I suppose that online businesses are quite the fad nowadays because people not only enjoy the comfort of working from home, but they also like the opportunity to sell to the entire world. My friend has an online education company and he does quite well for himself.


How have business practices changed compared to a generation before?

That's another interesting question. Please allow me a moment to think. Okay, I suppose that during my parents time the emphasis was more on quality of product and service and however nowadays businesses are mostly focused on turning on a profit. 


Is this good or bad?

Well, for example the other day I bought a new pair of running shoes because the ad promised quality, and it fell off my feet after one run. So, this is definitely negative.


Let's discuss work and careers. Many people have three or more careers in their lifetimes. Why is this common?

Both achievement and money are reasons that people switch jobs several times during their working years. My dad's, my dad for instance started out as an electrical engineer and then he built his own business. After that, he sold his business and he went into consulting. He did this make more money, but also to because he liked maximizing his knowledge for the betterment of society. 


What is needed for a person to have a knowledge for the betterment of society. What is needed for a person to have a successful career?

I think the main factor for someone to be successful in their career is passion for the work. Being motivated by money only is not alone, not enough.


What is the best way to achieve this?

I would say that in most cases people should really love their job, so that they always put in the extra effort.  


If a person wants to change careers what is good advice to make this transition go smoothly?

Firstly, a person should make sure that they truly want a new direction in their employment, and that it's not just a sudden decision. Secondly, they should remain in their current position before switching jobs so that they don't go into financial trouble. In my case for example I was offered a manager. senior manager position before I give up my administrative position at my last company.


Komentar