IELTS Speaking Band 9 Full Mark Answers - Complete Interview Kolkata India

Referene : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQK1oD-yXLQ&ab_channel=AcademicEnglishHelp



What is your full name?

My surname is Mandal, and my first name is Jalil, just as it is in my passport, please call me Jalil


Where do you live?

I live in West Bengal here in India, in a three-bedroom house in the suburbs of Kolkata. I've lived here all my life.


What do you do in your free time?

In my spare time I like to watch a good flick or go out with some of my friends. Just yesterday I did both, I went out with two of my friends to the theater and we had a great time. 


Let's talk about parents. How often do you see your parents?

Fortunately, I see my parents everyday because as I had mentioned earlier I'm living at home. I saw both my mom and dad this morning before coming to this exam. 


Where do your parents live?

They reside in the same house as me, just on the outskirts of Kolkata. My mom and dad bought our home just before my older was born back at the end of the 90's. 


What do you like about your mom and dad?

I think that my mom and dad are great. Specifically, they are very supportive of my decisions, and they love me very much. Both my mom and dad take their time to resolve challenges that come up in my life. most recently my decision to study abroad. and the best way to go about this. 


Why is it important to have good parents?

Having good parents, in my opinion, is the key to having a happy, health, and successful life. I mean parents are the foundation for the ideologies and behaviors that a person develops to navigate their life. Good parents, like mine, empower their children to be confident and ambitious. 


How has parenting changed from one generation before?

That's tough to say. I think that parenting has evolved from a generation ago. especially in the sense of respect that is given by parents to their children. I think during my grandparents time children were loved but were treated as less equal to adults. and parents these days have a greater sense of respect for the emotions and perspectives of their children. and this has been a positive change.


If you could change your parents in some way, what would it be ?

Honestly, I don't think I would change any part of my parents as I love them just the way that they are. However if I could, I would wave my magic wand so that they can have even more financial security and never have to worry about money. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Talk about a person you were nervous to meet

You should say:

- Who is this person?

- When you met this person?

- Where have you met him or her?

- Why did you meet with the person and what made you worried?

You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic.

You will have one minute to prepare what you are going to say.

___________________________________________________________________________________


About a year ago I had a chance to briefly meet with Anamika Khanna who is one of the most well-known fashion designers. in India, and I remember being super nervous as she has been one of my idols and inspirations since my teenage years. Ms. Khanna is a beautiful and hard-working fashion designer who is well known for blending traditional Indian textile with western sihouettes; her designs are just stunning. I had a chance to meet with her in during the Conture week in new delhi in the year of 2016. She has been showcased in Paris fashion week. and it is fair to say that her designs are recognized not just in india but also worldwide. And the couture week that I mentioned before, It was a fashion event that I had attended as a teenager. and it was lifechanging for me. I was awestruck by all the beauty. creativity, and glamour of the event and I knew that I wanted to be a part of it. After the fashion shows there was a chance for the public to meet with some of the celebrity designers including Ms. Khanna who was by that time an idol for me. I had always wondered what had inspired her to become a fashion designer and even more importantly, where she draws her creative inspiration for her amazing productions. I remember having butterflies in my stomach when I finally got a chance to speak with her and I felt like I wouldn't be able to make a sound. she was very pleasant and made me feel comfortable, I asked her my questions and she kindly replied This was definitely one of the most nerve-racking interactions I've every had, and it was also exhilarating. 


Part 3


Have you ever had the chance to meet with Miss Khanna since that time?

No, I haven't but hopefully I would like to meet her someday when I become a fashion designer. 


Let's talk about first impressions. What should a person pay attention to when meeting An important individual like a teacher or boos for the first time?

I think it is very important to be polite and make eye-contact when first introducing to a teacher or employer. 


Why is this?

I think that they must feel honesty and respect from the individual so that it sets the foundation for a positive relationship going forward. I really pay attention to this myself. 


How well can a person evaluate someone based on the first time meeting?

That's tough to say. Honestly. I don't think a person can truly gauge another's character just based on their first time interaction. Although first impressions do give some important information. people are very complex and have different moods on different days, so it's not fair to judge a person on one time conversation. 


Is this always true ?

I think it is most of the time because people do change, and they are complicated emotionally 


In what ways has meeting people for the first time changed from 30 years ago?

I think that technology has had a bigger impact on people's first hook-ups these past three decades. Nowadays, people will often meet online before they meet in person through social apps like Tinder or Instagram. 


How has this impacted relationship?

I think mostly meeting virtually for the first time affects people's expectation since it's hard to know how much of that person is genuine. A lot of people fake their profiles and even their pictures to cast an unrealistic image of themselves to others.  


Let's talk about networking with people. What are the benefits of building relationships with people in the community?

Getting to know people in the neighborhood is advantageous for building a sense of security and belonging. In case of emergencies, it is very beneficial to be able to rely on people close by for help. My family is quite tight with people living around us and this has been very helpful in many cases. Like the other day when my neighbor helped my dad to jumpstart his car. 


Are there any negatives?

I think sometimes neighbors can be nosey or judgemental and these can  be drawbacks of a tight community. But this is less important than the benefits I mentioned. 


How has technology impacted the way people network?

Just mentioned previously, technology has had a major impact on the way people build and establish their social groups, specifically through communication channels that didn't even exist before the advent of the internet. 


Is this a good development?

I think this is positive for most part as it gives additional tools for staying in touch that didn't even exist before The one downside may be that people don't get to meet people enugh face-to-face


Komentar