IELTS Speaking Band 9 Pronunciation and Great Answers
Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c39vD7wycPc&ab_channel=AcademicEnglishHelp
What is your full name ?
My given names are Wang Yong and my family name is Lee. Please call me by my english nickname Everett.
Do you work or study?
Currently, I'm a student in the third year of electronics engineering. I also help out at my mom's souvenir store sometimes,
What is your favorite food?
I love a delicious crab dim sum. I could have it every day.
Let's talk about colors. What color is your home?
The outside of my home is light blue and the inside walls are eggshell white as this makes the room feel brighter and gives a sense of cleanliness
What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is sky blue as it gives a sense of liveliness. Often when I buy shirts, I like to choose this color.
Are there any colors that you do not like?
Yes, I'm not particularly a big fan of grey because I find it bland and boring. Often when I buy shirts, or choosing decorations, I will try to avoid this color.
What are the most popular colors in your country, and do these have meanings?
In china, the colors of the flag come into mind immediately, so red and yellow, or gold if you may say; so red is a symbol of the communist revolution and yellow or gold star represent the communist party. Interestingly, red is also the color of Machu dynasty and the yellow or gold is an imperial color.
Have your preferences in colors changed over the years or stayed the same?
Well they have pretty much stayed the same over these years since my childhood. I have always loved sky blue as well as other brighter colors. In fact, I have had any epiphanies thinking like: "wow I really like this color and I never used to."
If you repainted your home, what colors would you use?
I really like the color of my home now, so it is unlikely I will repaint it any time soon, but id I have to say, I would likely to pick some brighter color like a shade of yellow or teel.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Talk about an idea that you have had to make the world a better place.
You should say:
- What is the idea?
- Why did you think of this idea?
- Why is this idea beneficial for the planet?
- Why is this idea not possible yet and what is needed to make it a reality?
You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic.
You wil have one minute to prepare what you are going to say.
___________________________________________________________________________________
On idea that I have thought of to make the planet a better place is to advocate for international clean energy regulations which people has to follow. But this I mean, implementing a few simple yet strict laws that the society in the world must comply in order minimize the energy consumption and waste whenever possible. I really started to think about this deeply about half a decade ago when I come into the realization that many companies and people in the world are creating a lot of waste and pollution because of their ignorance. Let me explain this a bit more clearly with an example. the world now has energy efficient led lights and rechargeable battries, yet the stores are still selling energy inefficient lights and disposable battries, and people still buy them. This kind of energy inefficient lights, not just wastes the electricity. but also the chemicals and materials in this products are really harmful for the environment Even though people allowed to recycle their batteries nowadays. many of them still end up in the landfill and the acids causing major damage to water and land. With eight billion people on earth I believe it's gross negligence to overlook this issue. In fact, such regulation would be cost efficient for people and society in the long run. so money really shouldn't be an excuse. I believe, by banning the energy inefficient lights, and disposable batteries the planet would be a better place in both flora and fauna, as well as people would live healthier lives. I think the reason why such regulation hasn't been implemented yet is because of greed and ignorance. In order to make this happen. people and government must unite together again. like they did for banning the plastic shopping bag.
Part 3
How long do you think it will take for the global community to make the changes and create the regulations that you're thinking about with these disposable batteries and lights?
I think if people do not make these changes sooner, within ten or fifteen years. people will have to make these changes in order to survive.
What have you done to advocate for these changes to happen?
I have communicated a lot with people, including some environmental advocacy groups, and I also trying to encourage my family and friends to pay more attention to these important issues.
Let's talk about helping the planet. What are every day actions that people can do to help mother earth?
I think, aside from paying attention to the products people buy people must also conserve drinking water, reuse and recycle as much as possible.
Which of these should people pay special attention to ?
Well I think the most effective way to help our mother earth is to reduce waste, so this is the most important. For example, I'm using this washable facemasks instead of disposable one.
Why is it important for individuals to give their time freely to help nature?
Individauals must devote their time freely volunteer cleaning up the environment because of all the damages that we have done and are still doing. I think, If people are expecting to get paid for that. our planet and humans are in big trouble.
What are the best ways to do this?
I'm not sure there is a perfect answer for this, but spending time to pant some trees and pick up garbage are good ways to help out.
Can you think of any charities whose main goals are to help the planet?
Yes, a couple of environmental NGO's in china are Friends of Nature or FON as they're normally called and Green Home. Both organizations were established a couple of decades ago in order to preserve the nature in the country as well as bring awareness to environmental issues.
What can people d to help these organizations be more successful?
People can volunteer their time, or make donations for organizations like FON or Green Home.
Let's talk about human responsibility. Have people become more or less responsible for society and nature these days?
I think both, some people are doing their best to reduce. re-use, recycle, and reduce their carbon footprints while others are just being more wasteful than ever, simply consuming resources without thinking for our planet or the next generation. Can you eleborate a little bit on that. Yes absolutely. We see that some people are buying EVs to drive around in the town. While others buy those large SUVs to commite daily with only one or two passagers in the car
What are some of the most important social responsibilities that people need to pay careful attention to ?
Aside from protecting the nature, I think people should also pay more attention to create a safe and enjoyable environment for others. A good representation on that is a COVID situation now. In this pandemic people should do their best to avoid spreading the virus. especially for the elderly.
What can happen if they do not act responsibly in these?
In the worst case scenario people can die. But less drastically people will suffer a much lower quality of life.
Komentar
Posting Komentar