IELTS Speaking Calm and Confident Band 9

 Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWaf1FZ9NF0&ab_channel=AcademicEnglishHelp


May I see your identification?

Sure. This is my passport that I use for the registration.


What is your full name?

My given name is Aasrita and my family name is Nayak. Please call me by my given name Aasrita. 



Okay, Aasrita. Where do you live?

I live in capital city of Odisha, Bhubaneshwar. in a two bedroom apartment near the Mahana Deroa Bans with family. 


What do you like about your home?

I like that it's near to my school and many amenities. It saves a lot of time so that I can focus on my studies and hang out with my friends during weekends. 


Let's talk about dancing. Do you like dancing?

Yes, I love dancing. I've been dancing since I was a little girl. I think it's a perfect way for me to socialize and exercise with my friends. I was just dancing yesterday at school. 


How often do you dance?

I dance almost every day. Be it for fun at a party or the club. We meet up every day. I dance at least an hour or so each day. 


Who do you usually dance with ?

I usually dance with my dance group. There are 18 of us and we are quite close. I've been dancing with these girls since I was six years old. We dance at a club next to my home 10 minutes by foot. 


Where do you go to dance in your neighborhood?

I also dance at my school after classes which is just five minutes the opposite direction to the club. 


Have you ever performed a dance in front of an audience?

Yes I have. I have performed at various dance recitals over the years to which people have been attending from over a dozen to hundreds. Just last month we have performed at a friends wedding and we put a bit of a show for 200 or so attendees.


If you could learn any kind of dance, what would it be?

That's a great question. Given the chance, I think I would love to learn Latin dancing to be specific, Salsa. I've been intrigued by this rhythm dance for a while now and it would be great to add it to my repertoire. 


___________________________________________________________________________________

Talk about an important building in your community.

- What is this place and where is it?

- Who goes there?

- Why is this building important?

- What would happen without this establishment?

- What can people do to show their appreciation of this place?


You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic.

You will have one minute to prepare what you are going to say.

___________________________________________________________________________________


I think a very important building in Bhubaneshwar is the Odisha State Museum. It is located in the center of the city and it is a large modern building in three stories with beautiful exhibits which display much of the local history. I think the museum is visited by both visitors and locals alike because most indians know the rich history of Odisha. I have visited the museum a few different times, not only with my family but also from class as a part of an educational trip. There are many amazing artifacts dating back to the Kalinga dynasty, including various carvings and paintings. There are also modern arts from the local customs, dance and paintings. I think the building is very important for the local community because it is a way to share the knowledge of our ancestry with the world. In this way we can preserve the rich history of the place and save it for our future generations. It also in builds a sense of pride within the local community and helps the visitors to respect the local people. If we do not have this state museum, slowly local people will lose their identity and start forgetting our rich history. In this way they can enrich their experience while helping to maintain this important establishment for generations to come. 


Part 3


Let's talk about important buildings. What are some buildings that are important for people living in a city?

Other than buildings like Odisha State Museum or Art Gallery or Concert Halls, I believe schools and government offices are important as these venues aid in education and maintaining the society. 


Komentar