IELTS Speaking India - Kerala Band 8 with Subtitles

 Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJGvw4MaKHY&ab_channel=AcademicEnglishHelp



What is your full name?

My full name is Karan Nair, you can call me Karan. 


Do you work or study?

I actually do both I work for a financial firm as a financial strategist and I also study for my IELTS and also GRE for my higher studies in the states. 


Where do you live ?

I live in the outskirts of Kerala in a three-bedroom apartment with my parents 


Let's talk about fruits and vegetables. What is your favorite fruit?

Oh, interesting question. My favorite fruit would be mango. I love mangoes, because for it's sweet and tangy taste, and it's one of the most available fruits in our region. 


How often do you eat fruits and how about vegetables?

I try to eat fruits and vegetables at least twice a day. Today, for morning I also have a vegetable curry that my mom prepared which was really good and my love for mangos, I have drank a mango lassi on my way to this exam hall 


Where do you buy the most delicious fruits and vegetables?

I mostly buy it from the farmers market near to my home. where the all the farmers will come there and with all their produces from the day or the week. and they're really fresh and they are really tasty as well. 


Which do you like to eat more, fruits or vegetables and why?

I would prefer fruits over vegetables for its sweetness if you could grow any fruit or vegetable.


What would it be and why?

If I ever happen to grow a fruit or vegetable. I would grow durian because it's known as the king of fruits, but I am not sure whether it will grow in my region. 


Have you been to an apple orchard?

Yes, I've been to an apple orchard in the Kanatal, In the Himalayan regions where there are a lot of apple trees and they produce some of the best apples in india

___________________________________________________________________________________

Talk about a useful idea that you learned in school.

You should say:

- What was the idea?

- When and where did you learn it?

- Who taught it to you?

- How have you used it in your life?

You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic.

You will have one minute to prepare what you are going to say

___________________________________________________________________________________


The one useful idea I have learned in school was money management and investing. I have learned this five years. back at one of my classes, and it was taught by Mr. Raghav, and he advised all of us, the students. that until the age of 400, you should invest at least 30% of your earnings to the proper stock market or a crypto coin so that on the long term you will be able to get profit out of it, and I totally follow this advices and built a portfolio on it, and years from now I can see changes in my financial status. Even while I'm sleeping my money is working for me and I'm making huge profits. So, right after college when I got a job at a retail store as a customer service agent right away I opened all these accounts and started investing in it. and now I could say I'm financially secure.


Part 3


Did you do anything afterwards to thank Mr Raghav for teaching you this useful idea about investing?

Yes, like couple of months back I popped in my old school and I met him and I showed up with a bunch of chocolates that he really loves. I've heard him saying that he loves milk chocolates so I bought a bunch of them and I gifted it to him as a gratitude for all his advices. 


Let's talk school curriculum. What are the most common subjects taught in school ?

The most common subject taught in school are science. mathematics and languages. Mathematics helps the students with their logical thinking and languages are also important because it helps them communicate 


What subjects would be good to make part of the regular curriculum that is not currently taught?

I think psychology and sociology should be a part of the school curriculum because with psychology people or the students could understand their own thinking and with sociology they will be more socially committed to the society.


Can you elaborate?

By learning psychology a person will have a strong understanding of himself and it can avoid many mental situations like depression or anxiety or anything. So self realization is a big thing so with psychology a person will be able to know that, and with sociology a person would learn how to be a social being. and how to cooperate with rest of the people in the society. 


Have school curriculum changed compared to a generation before?

School curriculum has changed a lot from comparing to the previous generation. now the schools are emphasizing more on the technical teaching skills. like compute science. but in certain areas things are also fallen behind, like teaching history


What are the positive or negatives of this development?

There are positives and negatives for this, some of the positives are teachers are more focused on problem solving skills, and some of the negatives are students are being less disciplined these days. 


Let's talk about good teachers. What qualities should a good teacher have?

A good teacher should be empathetic to their students, and lend their supporting hand to them. especially in the subject matters, and if they have any doubt or anything regarding their subjects or something they have learned or read somewhere, teachers have a strong responsibility to clear that doubts and help them move forward. 


How do these qualities help students to learn better?

These qualities build a strong between the teachers and students. When the teachers are more empathetic to students they will have an affection towards their teachers. and they will be open to ask more doubts in their learning and also will be able to communicate easily with the teachers. 


Can you give an example? For an example, if a student who is weak in his studies and the teacher is empathetic enough to understand where he's lagging behind and srengthening his weaknesses, he can work that student towards a better person.


What are effective ways to evaluate the quality of teachers?

The quality of teachers can be analyzed by getting feedback from the students, which is their audience of the teachers. and also by conducting student tests and getting the results, and that will enable the school or management to know


How well are the teachers are teaching their students. Are these always accurate?

Most of the time they are really accurate because students are the audience of the teachers. and when they give their feedback. it's always truthful because they know what they're doing and they know what's right for them. so they always come up with right answers

Komentar