IELTS Speaking Interview | BAND 6.0 | Real Test!

 Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puh9YYsfZm0&ab_channel=TOPIELTSTESTS



Can you tell me your full name please?

Hello Mr. Ash. My name is Li Jun Chen. 


Can you tell me where you are from?

China


Let's talk about what you do . Do you work or are you a student?

Actually, I'm studying in Hong Kong university for program English. 


How long have you been studying there?

err just emmm 6 months till now. I actually this is my first semester. 


What do you like about studying there?

is a.. a nice place to study there... is nice rooms... my teachers are nice. I like my friends and is a good place and I like it.


Is your university close to your home?

Yes, my home is in five minutes from the college. 


How do you travel?

I travel bus. Just 10 minutes but there's much traffic on roads. 


Now, let's talk about food, what kind of food do you like to eat?

I like to eat Dim Sum. It's national food in this country.


Why?

Because it's very delicious and it's traditional. 


What sorts of new food would you like to try?

I'm not sure about that. but maybe I would like to try some Mexican food like fajita. 


Why ?

Umm, I'm interesting in Mexican food because I like the spicy. and I'm interested with this national dishes. and some friends talk about it and so I'm interested in try this dish.


and do you cook for yourself?

Actually, not too much. I actually just like to eat. Cooking I'm not good and my mother is good. I'm not cooking. 


Why not?

I don't like... I don't know how cook and I didn't like to cooking. 


Do you prefer eating at home or in restaurants?

Actually, I prefer my mum cooking because it's great cooker and there's a benefit at home. But somethimes I don't have someone to cook so I just eat food in restaurant. 


What type of restaurants do you like?

Usually, I like pizzas and burgers.... and noodles. Lots of foods like that. 


Now Let's talk about friends. What do you like to do with your friends?

Usually, going to the cinema watch together film and sometimes have dinner. 


Why?

Because we have good time. And we laugh, we talk a lot. 


Have you kept in contact with friends you had as a child?

Not really, Because umm.. we have a lot of chance to get on with new friends in the life. so, no


Why not?

Because I come from Shenzhen and now I live in Hong Kong and university in Hong Kong. So I have chance to make lots of friends and I enjoy very much. 


How do you usually communicate with your friends?

Umm, it depend. Some I see every day in class or library so speak to each other. and friends not in Hong Kong I text my phone or use online. 


What do you think a good friend is ?

Umm.. I think support each other. Like, ummm I feel sad and my friends helps me and ask if I ok or not.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hobbies topic

_________________________________________________________________________________


Umm.. I like and I have one hobby that I like very much. it is good for me and also my friends. it is playing football. I like it too much. Play football is good hobby because you must to run and jump. And everything in your body is just moving. And after this, when you finish football you will be happy and hungry. And usually we play football with other people. Everybody will enjoy this way. But there is also a bad way about football if you have injury. Yeah, it is the bad thing about football. My friends and I play club in Hong Kong. it is very good club and we win lots. All my friends watch and.. that's good we win! I also like watch football on TV. I like many, many club like Barcelona, Liverpool, PSG. But my favorite is Barcelona. Err... I also play games, computer, at home, weekends, I like too many computer games. And ummm.. I also play friends. We play car and war games. I like too much computer games. 


Part 3


Do you play football very often?

Yes, one time or two time all weeks. 


We have been talking about your hobby and now I would like us to talk about hobbies and interests in general. DO you think having a hobby is a benefit for peoples social lives?

Yes I think so, yeah it have benefit. it's good for health... and if you play football you can do a lot of exercise.


Does that have social benefits?

Yes, because you do it with people, with friends. 


What sort of social benefits does it bring?

Play football, other people, other teams you must play each other. and help win so good relationship. 


Are there any disadvantages of spending too much time doing a hobby?

Yes, actually. If you do a lot of time on football or hobby you will waste your time. Its advantage will be disadvantage. if you have too much time you will lose your work. 


How?

Perhaps, you late for work and your boss is angry.


Why do you think it's important to have a hobby?

To make life interesting. Without your hobby your life will be very boring and not interesting. You need something else. You just go to college and go home and go to work. That's not good life. 


Why not?

Because important to try new things, to exercise, to learn things. Not just work and sleep only. 


Let's talk about leisure time now. In your country do people have a lot of leisure time?

It depend. Some companies are very loose. so you have too much time for leisure time. But some companies are very strict. you have to work very long hours. And you have no time for anything else, you just sleep. 


Do you think people in your country have a good work/life balance?

Only if you work in those good companies, I suppose. 


Why is that?

Because some companies very strict. You have to work long hours but other companies only small hours and many holidays.


Do you think people have more free time in your country now compared to the past?

Yes I think so, yeah I think they have more free time, not like in the past, like my grandfather. He can't have any free time in the past like now. Now, we have more free time because technology makes everything faster. In the past it takes more time to finish things. so we have more free time, right now. 


Can you give me an example?

My grandfather. He's a farmer. And he gets up sun up, work all days, no machines like now. Now farms very very big and have big machines do all the work. Not like using hands like grandfather. 


Do you think people will have more or less free time in the future?

Actually, I think it will have more time. Technology every day is developed and we don't need to do anything like before. and in the future, some technology will do everything and we just do our hobby . 


What type of technology?

Robots. Robots can do all the work, in house, in business. 


What type of work?

Robots can to clean all house and fridge tall shop food we need and shops send food so nobody go to shops. 


and at work?

Robots build umm. Robots can build everything like car, plane, not human. and computer can do much work in office. 


Komentar