IELTS Speaking Score 7 to 9 Speech Analysis and Strategy
Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCHcZYGW7w&ab_channel=AcademicEnglishHelp
What is your full name?
My first name is Li, and my family name is Jiang, but just call me by my English name, Alex
Where do you live ?
Currently I live in a one-bedroom apartment, in Pudong district of shanghai, on the 10th floor.
What is close to your home?
There is a salon, a supermarket, and also a gym, and within the walking distance there are also some restaurants and also other amenities as well.
Let's talk about dogs and cats. Do you own a dog or a cat?
No, not now, cause, I mean, I don't have any plan for pets now, even though I like them very much.
Which do you like more, dogs or cats?
It's really hard to tell, cause I do like them both, but if I got to choose, I prefer dogs. cause simply because they are very obedient, and then love their masters unconditionally.
Where do you see dogs usually and where do you see cats usually?
I see dogs quite often cause there is a park around my place and people often walk their dogs there, so I should see a couple of times a day. as for cats, not that often. If I visit a friend or a gamily member with a cat, then I can see them, I should see, maybe once a month
Why do you think dogs like chasing cats?
It's kind of a funny question, cause I think it's a bit of a stereotype. I don't think all the dogs love to chase cats, because I'm not a zoologist, I suppose, like dog, they have the natural prey versus predator relationship with cats, then just they chase them for fun and excitement.
If you could train a dog to perform a trick. What would it be and why?
Given the chance, I would train my future dog, to balance a basketball on its nose, because of my friends, who are big fans of basketball.
Have you ever owned a dog or a cat and if yes, can you tell me about it?
Oh yeah, definitely. I remember when I was around five years old. In my family we had a cat, and it's name is Mulan. and she was black and white and super cute. I loved to stay with her, and play with her often, and she was rather friendly & I often tie rubber mouse onto the end of string & she just play with it & pounce upon it. But unfortunately she just passed away when I was around 9 years old.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Talk about an idea you learned about which you think is very smart
You should say:
- What is the idea?
- Where and why did you learn about it?
- Why is this idea especially clever?
- Can you improve this idea? If yes, how?
You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic.
You will have one minute to prepare what you are going to say.
___________________________________________________________________________________
It's like a few weeks ago. I got one interesting notion from my professor, Li Ji, and she was explaining the liquid crystal display in our engineering class, and she told us it's like this kind of liquid crystal display is a type of organic liquid crystal, and which can be mounted in to a single substrate, and so it's like the advancement of this new technology is going to revolutionize the display industry. like for TV and also for the phones. Currently, as we may know, the display has two substrates, which means the crystal is trapped between a piece of glass and a board, but however if we can adapt this liquid crystal display, which means there's only need one piece of board without the glass. So it's just like transparent piece of paper with an electronic change, so which just means people just can fold it, or just they can put it on the wall like a poster, and also I think this idea is quite smart, because is make the display industry technology quite versatile, and also just to make the possible advancement far beyond what is possible today, but it has only one drawback, currently those crystals have very short life lifespan, which means they can only work for a few weeks. So I want to make it more viable, and I want to make it more viable, and I want to develop it further, to put the minimum operation time to reach to 100,000 hours, and also I want to make it more durable.
Part 3
Let's talk about effective learning. What are some steps to improve the efficiency of learning for scool subjects?
I think there are many steps to improve the effectiveness of picking up knowledge in school subjects like visualizing the information or the knowledge you pick up from the class, or just taking notes, or you just do the critical thinking
Which of these is the most important to do, and why?
I find it's hard to tell, cause all of them are very important to do, but if I'm going to say. I think the critical thinking is the most important cause actually it's like the information processing
What teaching aids have been used by schools over the past couple of decades to improve students learning?
I think over the past 20 years the classroom has been filled with computers, electronic projectors, and softwares to help students to design, to do research, and also to present their work. and the students just try to use those equipments or softwares to develop and to present their work.
What new teaching aids may students see in the future?
It's hard to tell actually, but as we can see currently during the COVID-19 outbreak, we are using more and more online classroom teaching, so I think gonna be the trend in the future.
Some people believe that focusing on effective learning is more important than studying hard is this true?
Yeah, definitely I think I totally agree with this statement, like a student who has a effective study plan, will just invest less time than the student who just don't have any plan about it.
Let's talk about successful ideas, What is required for ideas to become not only reality, but also successful?
I mean this question, let me think about the Liquid crystal display I mentioned before, I think for those new innovation, not only enough for people just to create it, but also they need to know the good marketing knowledge. It's like the social good or a good sales pitch. and If they have this then the customers also the investors can know their benefits.
What can people do to achieve these steps?
I think most innovators and researchers, they need to learn the basic knowledge about marketing and also communication. Then once they have a great idea or product, then they can just move them to the next level, also like me, I'm also taking the basic marketing classes in my uni.
Where is it common to observe successful ideas in society these days?
I should say, definitely in the tech industry, cause we can say, like every day there will be the new products or the popular apps just add to the line-up of the greatest and latest product line, so I think the tech industry have the most success stories.
Can you eleborate and give examples?
Yeah, there is like a new technology called mirrorless 4K camera, It's coming up to the market now, like the Canon R5, and also the latest version of instagram.
Komentar
Posting Komentar