JForrest English : A 12 year old girl from Ottawa is making history as Canada's youngest ever university graduate

 Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNYjVtqC1FY&t=6s&ab_channel=JForrestEnglish


Percobaan 1


Percobaan 2


Percobaan 3



A 12 year old girl from Ottawa is making history as Canada's youngest ever university graduate

12 year old - adj - she is 12 years old.

ever - used to emphasize

She was the first women ever to win a prize



Anthaea-Grace Patricia Dennis is not your typical 12-year-old. She's a child prodigy who's about to become the youngest Canadian to ever graduate from university, with a bachelor's degree in biomedical science.

I have a Bachelor of Science



She started the program when she was nine, at a time when most of her peers were playing games at recess.

she was nine X ; she was nine years old V

peers - A person/group with the same characteristics

Are you inviting your peers/classmates to your party?

recess - A break for kids in school during the school day



Being a preteen in an intensive university program has come with a unique set of challenges. Patricia Dennis has dealt with preconceived notions and expectations from others about how she is going to look, talk and act based on her age.

preteen - 11-12 ; teenager - 13-19

preconceived - idea or an opinion formed too early, especially without enough thought or knowledge

notions - idea / opinion



"My advice for people who are also young, gifted, smart, talented -- don't let other people's expectations bring you down, " she said.

Don't let that grammar mistake bring you down!

Something brings you down - Takes you drom positive to negative emotions.



The highlight of her university career so far was completing a 40-page thesis on the relationship between handedness and functional activity in the cerebellum.

40 page - adj

She completed a thesis that was 40 pages

Her thesis was 40 pages long

My book is 200 pages long

highlight - most important/memorable

The highlight of my last vacation was seeing meeting, climbing, eating, taking...





The paper concluded that connectivity between the brain hand is significantly different for people who are right-handed versus those who are left-handed.

I am right-handed, I am left-handed

I'm a righty, I'm a lefty



When she's not researching or writing about the brain, Patricia Dennis is a "very good" violinist, her mom said. She also loves playing with her cats and binge-watching TV shows with her family. And she's interested in continuing her research on functional activity in the cerebellum.

binge watching - watch many

To be insterested + noun/gerund

I was interested in more about the cerebellum



"I'll probably pick it back up when I have my own lab, and I can get people to also do it with me, because I'll be in charge, " she said. 

probably - 80%

pick it back up - start doing something again that you previous did


played guitar/soccer when you were 16-18

18-22 - no activities

23 - I think I'll pick guitar/soccer back up again.


Komentar